Chad, Shanna & Ethan

Chad, Shanna & Ethan

Monday, November 8, 2010

Sleeping

So several people have asked me if Ethan's sleeping has improved and I am happy to post that it is so much better. The main reason he wasn't sleeping is because he was teething and the second was because he was attached to me. He had 2 teeth come through and he started sleeping better after that waking just once a night. So we knew we still had to break him from being so attached to me so my wonderful husband had a great idea (still not sure how he knows my child better than i do, but hey I'm so thankful for his suggestion).  After bathing him, we give him milk and read him a book while rocking him a little and then I lay him down awake in his crib and turn on a veggie tales DVD and mute it and he goes right to sleep on his own. Its amazing! We also incorporated a sound machine which I think has really helped as well.

He is now teething on his back molars, but they aren't starting to cut yet so he is sleeping right now. I will say there is one thing that has really helped when he is cutting teeth and that is Teething Tablets. Thanks to Britney Laird for passing this suggestion on to me. It has worked so well and I will definitely continue to use it.  If you have children that are teething and fussy and you've tried everything, I would definitely recommend trying this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment